In this article, you will find everything related to taking your backpack and preparing it to go on the adventure, no matter if you are starting in the backpacking world or if you already have time in this. We will tell you how to prepare your backpack giving you the best backpacking checklist pdf of this 2020, where you will find everything you need to take in mind so you don’t forget any detail.
When it is time to go for an outdoor adventure, it is important to know the weather rules; In the backpacking world, the weather will always tell you what to wear, how to dress, how to keep warm. The importance of the weather should never be underestimated. A new factor that has become part of what needs to be considered when backpacking is everything related to the pandemic.
What and how to pack your hiking backpack are personal choices that vary depending on the comfort level desired and the type of experience you are looking for.
When you take your travel backpack and go for adventures, there are many tips and tricks that you will have to keep in mind and here we will show you many of them. Knowing your expertise as an adventurer and the exact destination where you will go is vital because the weather of the place will define in an important way what you have to carry in your backpack.
If you are a beginner, we encourage you to start your trip with some of your fellow travellers and to research other people’ experiences in the places you plan to go. When you find a hiking trip that interests you, do some research to find out the difficulty level, the best time of year to visit and how many days it will take to complete. The more prepared you are, the less intimidating the task of going out will be. Regardless of your expertise level, there are tips and tricks to make your outdoor adventure more enjoyable, which begin with the packing process.
Remember to prepare your mind too. You must be aware of all the things you will be exposed to, however, do not forget the benefits this adventure will bring. Guidelines for deciding what to carry in your hiking backpack:
- Pack ultra-light. Be 100% sure that what you are going to put inside your backpack will serve you, if you are having doubts do not take it. Remember that what works for you for a week works for a month.
2. If you have personal hobbies such as photography, crafts, video games, etc. you can take your things, but remember that whatever you take will have to be paid with the price of the weight. Make your weight as bearable and comfortable as possible.
3. The weather rules. If it is hot, you should wear sandals, light clothing, things to swim either on the beach or in pools, sunscreen, etc. If it is cold, you should bring a good coat and sleeping bags. The equipment changes, it must be modified. If it is raining you must bring rain gear such as boots, raincoats and waterproof backpack. Get the latest information about the weather on your device applications, by asking other travellers or on the local news.
4. Everything you carry should be compressed and organized inside the backpack. Everything you carry above what is necessary will become a weight, a ballast for your trip, so try to avoid it by being very selective with the things you are going to put inside the backpack. On AMAZON☜
5. Distribution. If you are going to travel in a group, take advantage of the opportunity to distribute common things such as large tents or kitchen utensils.
6. Separate fragile and valuable things. If you are going to take valuable things with you, use an extra small backpack. You can carry important things there, such as documents and money.
7. Organization. Separate things into plastic bags or compression bags; it’s much more convenient than having to dig into the whole backpack every time you need something important.
Backpacking checklist 3 day or more
Use this list just to get an idea of what you will need on your trip. You don’t have to bring everything on the list, but it will remind you if it fits your trip. If you are 100% sure you will need it: take it. If you think it might be useful but you’re not sure, don’t take it. Just because you have too much space doesn’t mean you can just fill it up with anything.
-Long-sleeve shirts (for sun and bugs)
-Lightweight fleece or jacket
-Boots or shoes suited to terrain
-Socks (synthetic or wool)
-Extra clothes (beyond the minimum expectation)
Additional items for rainy and/or cold weather:
-Rainwear (jacket and pants)
-Warm insulated jacket or vest
-Gloves or mittens
-Sandals (for fording streams and/or camp shoes)
-Gaiters (for rainy, snowy, or muddy conditions)
-Lamp/Flashlight (extra batteries)
-Pots and pans
-Energy bars or snacks
-SPF-rated lip balm
-Water bottles and/or reservoir
-Breathable non-cotton clothing
-Note and pen
-Bandages for hurts
-Medical Face Mask
-A small bandage
-Laundry bar soap
-Toilet paper /wipes
-Additional blister treatment supplies
-Lenses and cleaners
-Flash, lights and lighting accessories
-Batteries and chargers
-Memory or portable disk
-Gopro and accessories
-Drone and accessories
-Laptop or Tablet
ELECTRONICS AND TECHNOLOGY
-Memories and disks
-Wi-Fi antennas to boost range
-Itinerary (you may be asked to do this at some borders)
-Tickets, bills, transport tickets
-Special permits (filming or activities)
-Credit or debit cards
-Cash in various currencies
-Coupons, vouchers, discounts
-Different purses for different currencies
Here is the Ultimate backpacking Checklist pdf, customize it to your needs:
Another consideration that you should be aware of, are the circumstances in which we currently find ourselves regarding the threat that covid-19 poses to our health and its impact on our outdoor activities. We are facing a change process where taking care of ourselves is taking care of others. We all want to go outdoors and connect with nature; we know that it is difficult to suppress the desire for adventures. When we go out, we have to stop at hotels, restaurants, stores to recharge supplies, make contact with vending machines, public restrooms and more. That’s why we encourage you to include as part of your equipment this new key called No Touch Hand Tool so you can get around in public places with peace of mind because it allows you to maintain contact with high-risk surfaces without touching. This new EDC made of copper alloy (brass) has become a must have for every adventurer because it has antimicrobial properties that quickly kill viruses, bacteria and germs, including viruses such as COVID-19. We invite you to learn more about it and the benefits of having it, remember that your health comes first.
Remember to take action about COVID-19 as new measures are constantly being received in different places.
Take care of your equipment and replenish items after each trip.
After each trip, it is a good practice to dry your equipment and air things out. Check items that may need to be replenished before repacking them, such as fuel, first aid kit, headlight batteries and/or water purification system, if using pills or drops. If there are items you need to buy to replace your equipment, make a list now, while you unpack and take care of your equipment.